By: Lacie Martin – Raisethemwell.org
Ecopreneurs put the people and the planet before profits. They find a balance between their social, environmental, and economic values. Their business goals stretch far beyond cost-cutting, aggressive competition, and quarterly revenue growth. Ecopreneurs collaborate with other sustainable brands to make the world a better place for everyone.
If you want to build a business, consider embracing ecopreneurship!
Here’s what you need to know about launching a sustainable business and using your brand to make a real difference.
Establish Your Business
Ready to get started?
Come up with an eco-friendly business idea and then tackle your startup steps.
- Take inspiration from eco-friendly companies.
- Creating a digital product, like an app, is a great way to launch a business with a minimal impact on the planet.
- Look for investors who are interested in funding your sustainable business.
- Use an accounting system to track income and expenses and to gain insights into your business’s finances.
Make Eco-Friendly Upgrades
Even if your business doesn’t directly support the planet, you can implement sustainable practices to reduce your impact on the environment.
- Put in place a green procurement policy to ensure materials, supplies, and services are selected based on environmental impact.
- If possible, consider running your business from home.
- Switch to cloud computing to reduce your carbon footprint.
- Form strategic brand relationships for mutual benefits related to your eco-friendly initiatives.
Remember Your Social Responsibility
As an ecopreneur, you have to care about people just as much as you care about the planet. Find ways to express care for your employees and members of society.
- Avoid creating a toxic work culture. Foster a healthy work environment for better morale.
- Think about how your business can benefit your local community.
- In addition to establishing environmental goals for your business, define and implement a social impact mission.
Launching an eco-friendly business is a great way to balance your entrepreneurial drive with your passion for the planet. Even if it requires some extra work to implement eco-friendly practices, seek out sustainable purchasing options, and strive towards making a positive social impact, it’s well worth it. Doing good for people and the planet will only make your business more rewarding!